Brits spending over 2.5M hours researching their dream honeymoon
We're all getting very excited here at County Wedding Magazine and Events HQ about our upcoming Signature Wedding Shows, which are being held in four iconic locations in the South of England...
The Brentwood Centre, Essex Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September, 2019
Mercedes-Benz World, Surrey Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September, 2019
Ascot Racecourse, Berkshire Sunday 27th October, 2019
Wembley Stadium, London Sunday 26th April, 2020
The events all promise to be extravaganzas of fashion shows, styling demonstrations, live entertainment and delicious tasters. Couples will be able to chat with the best wedding suppliers each region has to offer. What's more, the shows are all FREE to attend!
In order for newlyweds-to-be to get the most from attending a wedding show, we've put together our top 10 tips to help get that wed-min nailed:
1. Narrow down. Before the show, have a chat with your partner to decide a few key factors about your wedding. In what season and year are you hoping to tie the knot? Have you decided on a location? What overall style will you be going for? It's good to have an idea on this when chatting to companies.
2. Comfort. You'll be on your feet all day; wear comfy flats and pop some blister plasters in your bag.
3. Set up a wedding email address. This way you can keep everything in one place, and it makes it much easier to refer back to suppliers' emails.
4. The entourage. Decide who you'll take with you will it be your partner, or would you prefer to have a day with the girls or your mum?
5. Homework. Make a checklist of the type of suppliers you're looking for on the day. If you're in the early stages of planning, this might be your venue or photographer. Later down the line, you might want to check out florists, cake designers and DJs.
6. Get social. Follow the event organiser and some of the suppliers who are attending on social media. This way you'll be first to know of any show offers, and you'll also be able to decide who you want to meet on the day.
7. Book. If you love something, book it! There will be lots of other couples chatting to the same suppliers, so make sure you secure your date but don't ever feel pressurised into doing so if you're not 100 per cent sure.
8. Prep work. Pre-register for the event online so it saves you time on the day, and arrive early to make the most of the show. We even give wedding planners away to the first 100 couples through the door.
9. Get organised. Take your diary with you so you can make appointments, and make sure you keep any literature you receive in a folder you never know when you'll need it during your planning.
10. Enjoy! Chat to other couples, enjoy the cake tastings, check out the incredible fashion shows, get in the photo booth and grab a glass of fizz. There's nothing quite like a wedding show!
Fancy popping along to one of our shows? Find the details below:
Signature Wedding Show at The Brentwood Centre
Doddinghurst Road, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 9NN
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September, 2019, 11am to 4pm.
Signature Wedding Show at Mercedes-Benz World
Brooklands Drive, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0SL
Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September, 2019, 11am to 4pm.
Signature Wedding Show at Ascot Racecourse
High Street, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 7JX
27th October, 2019, 11am to 4pm.
Signature Wedding Show at Wembley Stadium
Wembley, London, HA9 0WS
26th April, 2020, 11am to 4pm.
Don't forget to pre-register here: www.countyweddingevents.com/registration.cfm
Get in touch: 01376 514 000
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention County Wedding Magazines when making any enquiries.